Attorney General Sean Reyes works tirelessly with police, sheriffs, and county and district attorneys across Utah to protect the public. County Attorneys know the Utah AG Office under Reyes leadership is always available for support and they frequently call upon him for assistance on cases, including critical capital homicide and human trafficking cases.
The AG is proud to support our men and women in uniform with innovation he and his team have developed for Utah, including a cutting-edge training center and curriculum, joining investigatory and prosecutorial expertise to provide tactical simulations, violence de-escalation and other critical training such as video briefings to protect officers and guard the rights and lives of the public.
Reyes has stood with families of fallen law enforcement officers in Utah and our nation’s capital and worked to assure their ongoing care and well-being. He has implemented and advocated for better mental health and work benefits, protective gear and other safety equipment for law enforcement (from virtual parole check-in to assuring agencies statewide have masks and PPE during the Coronavirus crisis.
Our brave men and women in uniform need a fighter and innovator like AG Reyes to ensure our 21st-century law enforcement has the tools to succeed while assuring the rights of citizens are also protected in the process.
As your Attorney General, Sean Reyes:
- Has overseen training of over 3,500 officers, agents and prosecutors in Utah
- Trained over 110 local county attorney and law enforcement agencies, along with federal and state partners with curriculum he and his team created
- Created violence de-escalation and cultural awareness protocols for training
- Personally visited county attorney, police and sheriff’s offices across Utah to provide resources, information and training
- Manages the Rapid DNA Grant Program for Local Law Enforcement
- Worked with Senator Mike Lee and State Legislative Leaders to implement Utah Livetime Intelligence with DPS and the University of Utah
- Chairs the Economic Crimes Task Force and Utah Trafficking in Persons Task Force
- Commands the Utah Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Commands the Utah Secure Strike Force
- Received Utah Sheriff’s Association Award as Honorary Sheriff
- Supports and works closely with the Utah Fallen Law Officer Memorial
- Sits on Board of Foundation, has advocated
- Honored with Award of Merit from Utah Fraternal Order of Police
- Has worked closely with two United States Attorneys General (Sessions & Barr) to bring critical resources to Utah and local law enforcement
- Forged strongest relationships on record between Utah AG Office and DEA, SEC and other federal partners to better protect Utahns
- Selected by International Association of Chiefs of Police to showcase three of Utah AG’s technology and innovation programs as a model for USA/global adoption
- Developed and deployed technology to combat child pornographers/sex predators
- Recognized officers and community heroes for various Acts of Valor